Monday, April 19, 2010

Boy, It's Been a While!


You know it's been a long time since your last post when you can't remember the address to find your own blog! :) I wish I could say so much has happened, but I'd definitely be stretching the truth!

Don't get me wrong; the boys and Hubby have kept me busy! We've taken little trips to visit family, celebrated a wonderful holiday season, and the boys are growing by leaps and bounds. Maybe it's because of this that there hasn't been much progress in my shop. I've made a few items, had a few sales, and made lots of trades, but in my opinion, my shop has come pretty much to a stand-still. I've lost my mojo, and my drive to create and post new items. There was a period of about a month when I didn't sew anything AT ALL, and was perfectly fine with that. I was at a crossroads; keep selling my wares online, or cut my losses and close shop.

Well, I've decided to keep on keepin' on. I've opened a shop on Zibbet, as well as my Etsy shop. I also sought guidance from the Critiques forum on Etsy, and was advised that my shop currently is going into too many directions, and I need to focus on some sort of theme. After some deep thinking, I've decided to use my shop name, 2Sleepyheads, as my ins
piration. I'm trying to clear out most of my shop, either wi
th trades or discounting items, and planning on replacing them with items geared to helping the family, especially little kids, to get to, and stay, asleep. Some items might be purely decorative, to spruce up your bedroom, or your kid's room, while others will be more practical, like my latest listing, a cotton nap mat with an attac
hed drawstring bag. It's ready for Kindergarten, preschool, or day care! I'm planning on making one of these for Big Sleepy, for his Kindergarten nap times next year!

So, my goal is not only to revamp my shop, but also do a better job of keeping this blog, and my readers, up-to-date on the progress. I hope you enjoy my items as much as I like making them!


1 comment:

  1. It's good to step back and look critically at your shop. Maybe I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete